Department: Technical Support
Direct Manager: Technical Support Manager
Do you like working with a system, both inside and out? Do you like getting to know how it runs/why and what can be done to optimize and ensure performance?
Then this can be the right job for you.
We are looking for a System Engineer to join our Technical Support team, whose aim is to build and maintain the functionality of both our internal and our customers’ IT infrastructures. We run mostly Linux and hosting related technologies, experience with these means you’re the best suited candidate for this role.
You’ll be first in contact with our customers and you’ll get to help them succeed in their missions and develop a great relationship with M247.
This role involves working on rotating shifts, 24x7x365 coverage so experience working in a similar job is a high advantage.
This role also involves on-call rotation, for escalations as requested. This means being available to receive emergency phone calls from your colleagues during a specific time period outside of working hours.
What will you do in this role?
- Handle monitoring of all incoming alerts, notifications making sure to escalate to the correct department / tech level required if needed.
- Handling all level 1 tech escalations
- Knowing our products and services and making sure all changes required are escalated to the level 3 tech team and informed to the level 1 team
- Handle internal tasks like: server deployment, hardware upgrades / downgrades, escorting clients in the Data Center, basic systems / services setup (initial OS installation / partitioning – handing over) – ensuring correct and accurate information is handed over to the customer.
- Assuring email deliverability, requesting RBL delisting, ensure DNS works as required.
- Troubleshooting issues, making sure to raise awareness to level 3 / manager as required.
- Implement and fix daily issues / ensure monitoring available infrastructure capacity and request additional resources / training.
- Work in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard;
- Ensure high customer satisfaction is met with each response, ensure level 1 colleagues are correct and accurate in their interactions with the customer.
- Handle on call escalations per escalation procedure.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and per year checking of related activities / services according to internal procedures.
- Maintain internal procedures and documentation.
What you will need to be successful in this role?
- 2 years working knowledge of Linux based OS (Centos, Debian) and hosting related services/software: cPanel / WHM, LAMP/LEMP stack, storage configurations, RAID, LVM.
- Basic networking know-how, how to determine a route, which gateway is default, how to bind to another IP etc.
- DNS knowledge, what is a name server, what’s a resolver, what does a DNS zone contain, what are the most common RR in a DNS zone
- Advanced handling of Microsoft Office 365 related products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Troubleshooting is something you like and can-do attitude is one of your best traits
- Customer support inclined, professional attitude and friendliness in interactions with colleagues and customers
- Advanced level of English language, both spoken and written, as most of our customers are based internationally and our teams are international – level B2+
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field or certification is an advantage.
- Focus and attention to details, ability to be concise and detail tasks / issues.
Desirable bonus skills:
- WHMCS experience
- Experience working with server hardware by assembling/building, KVM units, external storage devices
- Multitasking both as an individual and in team-related daily activities.
- Proactive and curious, always seeking to improve and document things.
- Very attractive monthly salary, competitive to the local market;
- Private medical services subscription within the Medicover network for yourself and your family (wife/husband and children);
- Additional monthly benefits package (meal vouchers, private pension, public transportation, gift vouchers);
- Daily Fruit basket & coffee;
- High performance technical work equipment;
- A relaxation and playroom equipped with a ping pong table, foosball, Xbox, beanbags;
- Car parking conveniently located in front and back of the office building;
- Dedicated training and career progression plan, certified training partners;
- Yearly performance & salary review;
- Regular Teambuilding activities to get to know your colleagues and have fun together;
- The opportunity to travel to our work locations across the world.
Is this the type of role you are looking for? Then send us an email with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify in the subject title the job you are applying for.