Department: Technical Support
Direct Manager: Technical Support Manager
Do you like working with a system, both inside and out? Do you like getting to know how it runs/why and what can be done to optimize and ensure performance?
Then this can be the right job for you.
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to join our Technical Support team, whose aim is to build and maintain the functionality of both our internal and our customers’ IT infrastructures. We run mostly Linux and hosting related technologies, experience with these means you’re the best suited candidate for this role.
This role has a fixed shift, with on-call involved for urgent or escalation situations. This means being available to receive emergency phone calls from your colleagues during a specific time period outside of working hours.
What will you do in this role?
- Resolve escalated customer issues of high technical difficulty;
- Resolve issues in our hosting platforms: public, both shared and managed and in our private cloud platforms;
- Work in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard;
- Build, test and install servers as per customer specification;
- Work with the Technical Support team manager to develop / maintain the hosting / virtualization infrastructure of our company and ensure procedures are added / updated as required;
- Monitor internal infrastructure in order to maintain stability and proactively and continuously focus on correcting and preventing technical issues and improving performance;
- Installation and maintenance of internal infrastructure: systems/platforms – shared hosting, VPS, clouds, preparation of servers, nodes;
- Documentation and internal tech and KB know-how guides;
- Handling of escalation from level 2 and making sure follow-up training and resolutions are well documented and available;
- Urgent on-call escalations as required from level 2;
- Handle research and development on tasks, systems and processes as required to ensure our systems are functioning optimally;
- Ensure capacity planning and requirements are met as per internal or client requests;
- Provide regular training to lower level tech teams to keep them updated on procedures and internal processes regarding changes to our infrastructure;
- Ensure performance objectives are met;
What you will need to be successful in this role?
- minimum 3 years of experience in the hosting industry and advanced technical knowledge of the following: WHM / cPanel, networking, Linux and KVM / XEN virtualization, Firewalls, File & Block Storage, HA, Failover, Troubleshooting, DNS, Security, Database administration;
- Experience in working and troubleshooting with Centos/Debian, Apache, Nginx, Caddy, MySQL and MariaDB, Exim, Dovecot, SSH, Bind, NFS, iSCSI, FC, TCP/IP, iproute2, KVM, eSXI, vSphere and vCenter, Automation and deployment with Ansible/SaltStack;
- Experience in installation/configuration and working with monitoring systems like PRTG, cacti, Grafana, ELK stack, Prometheus, node_exporter;
- Experience working with NAS, SAN, storage clusters – installation, configuration and troubleshooting;
- Experience working with iDRAC, iLO, IPMI – how to connect, update, reset;
- Scripting knowledge (at least reading, debugging and general script flow) for Bash shell or Python;
- Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis is your second nature, you are comfortable working with the unknown and you thrive in complex scenarios;
- Know-how to take ownership and responsibility of task and ensure its completed / documented correctly;
- Ensuring our SLA’s are respected and our KPI are achieved;
- Advanced level of English language, both spoken and written, as most of our customers are based internationally and our teams are international – level B2+;
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field or certification is an advantage;
- Focus and attention to details, ability to be concise and to detail tasks / issues when needed
- Multitasking both as an individual and in team-related daily activities;
- Proactive and curious, always seeking to improve and document things you’re responsible of;
Desirable bonus skills:
- WHMCS experience;
- Advanced Networking knowledge about routing;
- Advanced Firewall knowledge and experience installing/configuring firewalls (both dedicated hardware or custom solutions);
- Experience working with iSCSI and Fiber Channel (installation, configuration);
- Experience and in-depth knowledge about hardware: DELL, SUPERMICRO, BROCADE, CISCO, JUNIPER, ARISTA;
- Clustering installation and configuration experience for DB or web servers;
- Disaster Recovery configuration experience and general know-how;
- Very attractive monthly salary, competitive to the local market;
- Private medical services subscription within the Medicover network for yourself and your family (wife/husband and children);
- Additional monthly benefits package (meal vouchers, private pension, public transportation, gift vouchers);
- Daily Fruit basket & coffee;
- High performance technical work equipment;
- A relaxation and playroom equipped with a ping pong table, foosball, Xbox, beanbags;
- Car parking conveniently located in front and back of the office building;
- Dedicated training and career progression plan, certified training partners;
- Yearly performance & salary review;
- Regular Teambuilding activities to get to know your colleagues and have fun together;
- The opportunity to travel to our work locations across the world;
Is this the type of role you are looking for? Then send us an email with your CV at email@example.com, and specify in the subject title the job you are applying for.