Department: Technical Support
Direct Manager: Technical Support Manager
Do you like working with a system, both inside and out? Do you like getting to know how it runs/why and what can be done to optimize and ensure performance?
Then this can be the right job for you.
We are looking for a Junior System Engineer to join our Technical Support team, whose aim is to build and maintain the functionality of both our internal and our customers’ IT infrastructures. We run mostly Linux and hosting related technologies, experience with these means you’re the best suited candidate for this role.
You’ll be first in contact with our customers and you’ll get to help them succeed in their missions and develop a great relationship with M247.
This role involves working on rotating shifts, 24x7x365 coverage, so experience working in a similar job is a high advantage.
What will you do in this role?
- Handle monitoring of all incoming alerts, notifications, requests and making sure to escalate to the correct department / tech level required if needed;
- Knowing our products and services and what systems information to relay to clients as requested;
- Handle basic internal tasks like: server deployment, hardware upgrades / downgrades, escorting clients in the Data Center, basic systems / services setup (initial OS installation / partitioning – handing over);
- Analyze, manage and update requests sent by our customers via our ticketing system, chat and over the phone;
- Work in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard;
- Ensure high customer satisfaction is met with each response;
- On call escalations to level 2 tech and or managers per escalation procedure;
- Monitoring of all infrastructure and related services, both internally and customer owned;
- Sending notifications regarding services to customers;
- Validating customer details and generating reports;
What you will need to be successful in this role?
- minimum 1 year of experience in Linux server administration (installation, partitioning, user management, file management, package management) and basic knowledge of DNS, EMAIL, LAMP / LEMP stacks;
- Basic domain name management including: registration, transfer, renewal and cancellation
- Email deliverability checking and troubleshooting;
- Basic handling of Microsoft Office 365 related products (Outlook, Excel, Word);
- Advanced level of English language, both spoken and written, as most of our customers are based internationally and our teams are international – level B2+;
- Patience and customer service focus and friendliness skills to help you build a strong relationship with our customers;
- Ability to work different shifts, including during the night and over the weekend according to rotation. We offer 24/7/365 tech support to our clients and therefore the shifts are split / rotated between the members of the technical support team. This provides you the opportunity of earning substantial additional income besides your normal monthly salary;
- Ability and desire for travel to our international work locations;
- Ability to listen, learn and improve both personally and professionally and desire to develop a career either in customer services or tech support;
- Focus and attention to details;
Desirable bonus skills:
- WHMCS experience;
- Basic networking know-how;
- Experience dealing with customers and interacting via emails, phone, ticketing system;
- cPanel / WHM experience;
- Very attractive monthly salary, competitive to the local market;
- Private medical services subscription within the Medicover network for yourself and your family (wife/husband and children);
- Additional monthly benefits package (meal vouchers, private pension, public transportation, gift vouchers);
- Daily Fruit basket & coffee;
- High performance technical work equipment;
- A relaxation and playroom equipped with a ping pong table, foosball, Xbox, beanbags;
- Car parking conveniently located in front and back of the office building;
- Dedicated training and career progression plan, certified training partners;
- Yearly performance & salary review;
- Regular Teambuilding activities to get to know your colleagues and have fun together;
- The opportunity to travel to our work locations across the world;
Is this the type of role you are looking for? Then send us an email with your CV at email@example.com, and specify in the subject title the job you are applying for.